These guilt-free, delectable and sugar-free brownies are impossible to say “no” to.
- 12 oz. unsweetened baking chocolate, chopped
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened peppermint tea or water
- ⅔ cup whole-wheat pastry flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 ½ cups Purecane™ No Calorie Baking Sweetener
- 12 oz. unsalted butter (3 sticks, room temperature)
- 8 large eggs (room temperature)
- 1 ½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ tbsp. Purecane™ Confectioners Sweetener (Optional)
At a time when diabetes and other sugar-related health problems are on the rise, many are turning to sweeteners that are missing delicious sugary satisfaction. Purecane allows you to have the sweetness you love, without the calories or health risks.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line the bottom of a 9-inch by 13-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Gently melt the chocolate with the tea (or water) in a double boiler (or medium mixing bowl placed over a pan of hot water) until smooth.
- Meanwhile, in a small mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, and salt until evenly combined. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the Purecane™ Baking Sweetener and butter with an electric mixer on medium speed until creamy. Add the eggs and vanilla, and blend on high speed until smooth.
- Blend or vigorously stir the melted chocolate mixture into the egg mixture until fully combined. Add the cocoa powder mixture, and blend or vigorously stir until well combined.
- Evenly spread the batter into the prepared baking pan. Bake until springy to the touch about 1 inch from the edges, about 32 minutes.
- Cool in the pan on a rack. When completely cool, cut into square-shaped brownies.
- Dust with the Purecane™ Confectioners Sweetener using a fine mesh strainer. (optional)
- Serve and enjoy!