Following a diabetic diet doesn’t mean you have to give up your favorite sweet treats. Here is a recipe that will help you make the perfect batch of sugar-free chocolate chip cookies.
Ingredients (for 24 cookies):
- 1 cup butter, softened (do not over-soften)
- 1 cup Lakanto Classic Sweetener or Lakanto Baking Sweetener
- 1/2 cup Lakanto Golden Sweetener
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, cold
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour (or gluten-free flour blend)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup or 8 oz Lakanto Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix the butter with an electric hand mixer for about 1 minute or until butter is creamy. Add in the Lakanto sweeteners and vanilla extract. Mix well until combined.
- Add in the egg and mix just until it is barely incorporated.
- Scrape all ingredients down the sides and along the bottom with a rubber spatula, ensuring everything is incorporated together.
- Add in the flour, baking soda, and salt, and mix until dough forms. Gently stir in the chocolate chips with a spatula.
- Using a cookie scoop, drop the mixture onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Flatten the scoops slightly with the palm of your hand.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until cookies are slightly golden. Be careful to not over-bake.
- Let cookies cool on the baking sheet for 3 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Enjoy! Best served warm out of the oven.
This article has been paid for by Lakanto.